The lab is recruiting graduate students! Please email me at email@example.com with a CV and your undergraduate GPA.
The lab is searching for a post-doctoral scholar in one of two areas: (1) macroecology and global change, or (2) lizard community ecology. The macroecology position would involve phylogenetic and trait based analyses of community datasets and species distributions to understand the forces that structure range limits in human-modified environments. The position may involve the development of new analytical techniques to understand the phylogenetic underpinnings of niche evolution and community structure. The lizard community ecology position would involve conducting field-work on lizard resource use, physiology, and/or morphology along land-use and climate gradients in Texas and the Neotropics, to determine whether and how species’ niches are constrained by land-use change.
– A Ph.D. in ecology, evolutionary biology, or closely related fields.
– Excellent writing skills.
– Demonstrated record of publication and productivity
– Ability to work independently
– Proficiency with R, or another comparable analysis program and demonstrated ability to analyze large amounts of data (for macroecology position).
– Experience conducting fieldwork (for lizard community ecology position)
Preferred but not required:
– Research experience with reptiles and amphibians
– Working knowledge of ecological statistical modeling, including GLMMs, and other hierarchical models.
– Experience managing projects and mentoring students
– Ability to speak Spanish (for lizard community ecology)
– Experience conducting international field research, and/or experience working with landowners to conduct studies on privately owned land (for lizard community ecology)
The position is available as early as Mar 15, 2019 (start date is negotiable), and extends for the duration of one year, with a second year anticipated depending on performance.
Apply by sending application materials as single pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Global change postdoc application – LASTNAME”. Please include: (1) a cover letter describing how you fulfill the required and preferred qualifications for the position, research interests, and motivation for applying, (2) your CV, (3) a recent publication, and (4) contact information (phone number and email) for three references.
The selection process will begin on Mar 1, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. Please send any inquiries to Dr. Frishkoff (email@example.com).